This scholarship initiative encourages skilled and talented women who are interested in a career in financial markets to pursue post-graduate studies (master’s degree or higher), while providing them with the opportunity to get acquainted with our organization.
Up to three successful candidates will each be granted a one-time scholarship in the amount of
$10 000. The selected candidates will be paired with a Senior Mentor from our Financial Markets group, ensuring a link between the recipient and National Bank throughout their studies. Recipients will also have an employment opportunity within the organization.
We are accepting applications this year up until April 30, 2017. To be eligible for the Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Enrolled in, or accepted into, a full-time post-graduate program in a university in Canada approved by National Bank (successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their enrolment for the academic year)
- Acceptance of employment opportunity (internship/full-time employment)
- Interested in a career in finance.
Candidates will have until 11:59 pm on April 30, 2017 to apply to job number FIN0083Q on our career site at http://www.nbc.ca
Please ensure you provide us with the following documents:
- A personal statement detailing your motivation for pursuing graduate studies related to the financial markets and your career objectives
- A résumé
- A letter of recommendation from a university professor or academic advisor
- Official transcripts of your academic record including class averages for the past two years
All documents must be grouped in one PDF file named Lastname_Firstname_UniversityName.pdf (Example Smith_Margaret_Dalhousie.pdf)
Applications will be pre-screened by a committee within our Financial Markets group. A select number of candidates will be invited to participate in a phone interview and/or a formal interview.
For more information about the Program, see our FAQ page.
All successful recipients of the scholarship are subject to National Bank’s hiring criteria. By submitting an application, the applicant authorizes National Bank of Canada and its respective representatives to collect, use, disclose and confirm information about the applicant, provided on the Application submitted (including references) to those who need to know such information for the purposes of administering and promoting the Program. The selection committee will use the information only for the purposes of evaluating the Application.
National Bank reserves the right to modify, amend or cancel this Program at any time without notice and to decide all questions respecting the awarding of Scholarships, and the administration of the terms and conditions of the Program.
Equal opportunity employment is an integral part of the Bank’s values and commitments.