What does Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo actually get from winning the title of Miss Universe?
The pageant explains in an FAQ what Miss Universe does after winning the crown:
After the winner is crowned, they are whisked away to New York City and are prepped for a media tour where they make multiple appearances at media outlets, networks, charitable organizations, sponsor events, etc. The titleholders spend their reign representing their platforms, raising awareness and funds for charitable alliances, and traveling.
But wait there is more!
- A year-long salary as Miss Universe
- Luxury accommodations in a New York City apartment for the duration of her reign, including living expenses
- A one-year scholarship from the New York Film Academy College of Visual Performing Arts
- A one-year supply of haircare products and tools from CHI Haircare
- A new custom diamond tiara and jewelry designed by D.I.C
- A shoe wardrobe from Chinese Laundry Shoes
- Swimwear by Yamamay
- A year’s worth of skincare products from Image Skincare
- Personal services including membership to Gravity Fitness @ Le Parker Meridien Hotel and hair services from John Barrett Salon
- Modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha
Dermatology and skincare services provided by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher
- Professional health and nutrition consultation by Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD and dental services by Dr. Jan Linhart, D.D.S.
- Professional representation by The Miss Universe Organization
Extensive travel representing sponsors and charitable partners
- Access to various New York City events including casting opportunities, movie premiers, screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties
- And personal appearance wardrobe and styling by the official Miss Universe Organization fashion stylist