Hydro One is in the business of distributing and transmitting electricity. Hydro One also has a history of supporting women in developing satisfying professional careers for mutual benefit. Part of this support has been community engagement through avenues such as the College Consortium and the University Partnership. 2014 marked ten years of Hydro One’s involvement in Go Eng Girl, a program aimed at increasing the level of interest of girls in STEM subjects. This ten year anniversary also marks the establishment of the Hydro One Women in Engineering Scholarship, an extension of Hydro One’s tangible support for young women wishing to embark on a career in Engineering. The Go Eng Girl program is also evidence of Hydro One’s visible support for women in general, as part of Hydro One’s overall Diversity & Inclusion Program.
• 10 Scholarships of $5,000 each are available for women studying engineering at the undergraduate level in accredited Ontario universities.
• Women receiving a scholarship will also have the opportunity to engage in a paid developmental work term with Hydro One.
All applicants must be:
• Canadian citizens or landed immigrants enrolled in full time study in an accredited Ontario University.
• While preference will be given to electrical engineering students, women completing their second year of engineering studies in other areas of specialization are also encouraged to apply.
• Of good academic standing with a strong GPA.
• Have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Engaged in outreach, volunteer or educational activities with younger girls
The student awarded an initial scholarship may apply for a second and final scholarship of $5,000.00 provided she maintains an acceptable GPA and remains in the Engineering stream.
Applicants must include a copy of their unofficial transcripts and updated resume along with their application.
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
Following the application deadline applications are reviewed by Hydro One’s Community Investment Department and Diversity Manager in conjunction with Hydro One’s People & Culture Recruitment group. The top candidates are short-listed for an interview. The interview candidates are then ranked based on their interview scores and the top candidates are chosen as the winners.
Hydro One will arrange an awards luncheon for the award winners and their 2 invited guests where the monetary award will be presented.
WORK TERM WITH HYDRO ONE
In addition to the financial award, the winners are given an opportunity to obtain a paid developmental work term with Hydro One. Hydro One will contact the award winners to arrange this work term, depending on the work term conditions for the winner’s place of study.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Hydro One is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a paid position.