[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
TMX Group is at the heart of the Capital Markets industry in Canada.
TMX Group owns and operates the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, TSX Alpha Exchange, Montreal Exchange, & Natural Gas Exchange (NGX) / AgriClear (tech start-up), in addition to the Canadian Depository for Securities & Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation. We also operate globally diverse lines of businesses in Issuer Support (TSX Trust), Data Delivery & Analytics (TMX Datalinx and TMX Insights), Risk Management Software (Razor Risk), Low-Latency Infrastructure (TMX Atrium), and Fixed-Income/Energy Brokerages & TSX Private Markets (Shorcan). We have offices in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, London, New York, Houston, Sydney & Beijing.
Are you seeking a job that will expose you to a variety of career options leading to endless opportunities? Get on the fast-track to a rewarding career before you’re even done your university studies. The TMX Summer Associate Program is open to university students entering their final year of studies.
The Summer Associate program, starting May 2017, has been set up to create a talent pool of Associates who will be under consideration for acceptance into our 2-year Rotational Associate Program, upon graduation.
Students will be placed in one of the following business areas for the duration of the summer:
• Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) – contribute to the continuous improvement of the ERM program
• Financial Risk (market, credit and liquidity risks) – work with a team of analysts on special projects and in the monitoring and reporting of key risk indicators
• Business Development – business case analysis for new product and service ideas
• Operations – identify enhancements to existing services that will deliver customer value
• Internal Audit – work with the team to deliver on audit plans for financial and risk management
• Finance – development of the quarterly forecast, annual budget and strategy. Additionally, assist in month-end/quarter-end/year-end accounting and financial reporting
• Product & Relationship Management – experience the full life cycle of product delivery (from inception to market) and maintain relationships with external and internal business contacts
• Information Technology
o project work on the delivery of new technology solutions
o information security providing analysis and reporting of key performance and risk indicators
o provide financial analysis, supporting contract negotiations in the procurement of technology solutions
Must Have Skills:
We are looking for the right mix of technical and behavioral competencies. While a strong understanding of the Canadian Capital Markets and strong analytical skills are important, it is equally critical to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as an attitude to embrace and advocate change.
You will have clearly demonstrated these skills and capabilities through your university experiences, personal experiences, and extracurricular activities.
• Completed your 3rd year of an undergraduate degree in one of the following: Business/Commerce, Finance, Economics, Information Technology, Quantitative Analysis, Engineering, or Actuarial Science
• Completion and/or working towards the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or progress in other Capital Markets-focused credentials (CFA, FRM, etc.)
• Excellent Google skills, particularly in Sheets, Docs and Slides
• Strong presentation skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
When applying for this position, please make sure you include:
1. A cover letter: tell us in a few words why you should join our team.
2. Resume: show us you have the experience and skills that will make you successful.
3. Academic Transcript (official transcript is not required). Show us you can thrive in a challenging academic environment.
* Interviews for our Summer Associate Program are expected to take place in Spring 2017.
*Summer Associates will work the summer of 2017 (May – August).
*When applying, please specify your respective school in the source drop down.